The full moon is a time of positive opportunity if you use it correctly. It’s a wonderful opportunity to pause & reflect. To be aware of the energy around you & be grateful for your life. It can increase your positive energy, or it can wreak havoc on your emotions.
Remember that whatever is going on in your body, mind and spirit will be more intense. The energy is powerful so it’s important to direct it with positive intention.
Sticking with the moon cycles is the best way to go when incorporating moon energy into manifesting. Use the waxing(growing) period to attract new things (experiences, objects, people) into your life. This is a time to sow seeds and plant crops. Use the waningperiod to physically, emotionally, or energetically clear and discard anything unwanted from your life. This could include cutting your hair or fingernails!! Remember all your energy is intensified…. good and bad!
- You may sit by water & observe the reflection of the full Moon on the water’s surface, as it moves. Be quiet inside & notice if you feel any intuitive answers to anything happening for you right now. If you need to make a decision that can’t be worked out from a rational perspective, go into the quiet calm space within & allow yourself to be guided to what you need to do, go, or who you need to contact.
- Refrain from arguing and getting angry. The full moon is the time to stay calm, let things go, breathe deeply through difficult moments and forgive others for their mistakes. Try to postpone any upset until at least two days after the full moon. Whatever happens at this time is multiplied. It’s like having emotional fertilizer. Keep the energy moving in a happy, uplifting direction in your life.
- Think positive thoughts. We all know we should think positively as much as possible but during the full moon its more important. Your positive thoughts will be energized and multiplied. Even if you spend just five minutes when you wake up and go to sleep thinking about the positive things in your life. Maybe think or write a gratitude list or a thank you note to the Universe for all you have. You could look in the mirror and say nice things to yourself. You could take a walk and notice all the beauty in nature & the world.
- Envision your dreams manifesting. The full moon is a perfect time to do your manifestation techniques. Spend time imagining your goals and writing them down on paper. It’s also a great time to make a vision or “manifestation board”. Spending time focusing on your dreams during the full moon gives it extra oomph!
- Meditate by yourself or in a group. Since the full moon pours down so much energy, meditating during this time creates calm, mindfulness and stillness. You can do it by yourself in a sacred space in your home. You can also connect with other like-minded friends to meditate in a group. There are many spiritual centers, yoga studios & online groups that come together for a full moon meditation. It’s very powerful to meditate in a group.
- Send blessings to people in need. Since you have the full moon power behind you, send healing energy, forgiveness, &/or loving-kindness to friends, family, colleagues, and strangers. In addition, send peaceful energy to the places in the world experiencing strife, hardship, poverty and war.
The full moon is a great time to be of service and do acts of kindness.
- Make a vision board
Nobody said Full Moon manifesting had to be complicated! Enjoy the process of deciding upon and declaring your desires to the universe through a vision board. Get your scissors & Pritt stick out, look through old magazines or pictures. The Full Moon energy will be with you throughout the night.
- Write your desires
Take a sheet of paper, write “I MANIFEST…” or “I COMMAND AND CREATE…” at the top (use whatever feels most powerful to you).Then, write down all that you desire, in the present tense, until you have no more to write. Once complete, some people like to place their handwritten desires overnight underneath the light of the full moon, others put the paper under their pillow, others still place them on altars and in spots that are powerful and meaningful to them. Also see below to use a candle.
- Perform a Candle Magic Ritual
Carve words or symbols that correlate with your desire (this can be done into a beeswax candle quite easily) – or simply write your desire – onto a candle Hold the candle with both hands and spend time visualizing yourself having and enjoying this desire now
Visualize this desire going into the candle. You can also place the written desire under the candle as it burns. Light the candle and allow it to burn down completely, knowing that as it burns it is transmitting your desire out into the universe
Enjoy the ride as this new desire manifests into your life!
Finish with a prayer and a dash of gratitude
After performing any of these rituals (or another of your choice), finish the process with a prayer or request to the full moon. You can speak any words that have meaning to you, or something like this:
“Full Moon, I love you. I am grateful for your presence. It is a joy to be with you again. Please support & guide me. Shine your light and love upon my desires. May your energy assist in the manifestation of all of this or better. May I receive all that is in accordance with my highest good. Thank you, thank you, thank you.”
Manifesting with the Full Moon needn’t take long, & it is effective. A perfect opportunity to check in with yourself & your world.