All food, yoga and accommodation (sharing).
Yorkshire Dales Orange Tree Retreat 4-6th August
A weekend to enjoy inspirational yoga & relaxation. A great opportunity to reflect, clear & balance, A weekend of quiet reflection & fun, light hearted moments. Yoga and meditation guiding us to turn inward, combined with good company, great food & laughter to bring warmth, nourishment and inner strength as we move forward. We can use this time to focus on what we wish to nurture & develop & encourage in your life whilst relaxing in one of the worlds top 20 retreat centres.
Enjoy a long weekend of inspirational yoga & relaxation with the energy of the full moon providing perfect opportunity for a Full Moon fire ceremony! The full moon is a great time for meditative practices as well more physical yoga. A time for letting go and moving forward, shifting our yoga practice towards grounding, stability and a balance of heating practices & more cooling lunar practices including restorative, soothing & recuperative sequences, breathwork & meditation. When we tune into the Moons phases we understand the Full Moon can enhance emotions, habits and our intuitive side. The full moon is a time of positive opportunity to let go of those things holding you back, it is a time of positive opportunity as it can pour down tremendous energy. If we are in the calm state of mind to receive it then it can increase your positive energy & be a profound source of wisdom.
Tabitha combines her experience as a BWY yoga teacher with meditation, & even an option for hypnotherapy to create a transformative weekend that moves us beyond mere physical change. Including a wonderful ceremony where we celebrate the living energy of fire to generate energy, expansion & growth. Fire gets things moving & is a catalyst for change & transformation. Enjoy the surrounding beautiful area, or for those preferring a quieter evening the view can be appreciated from the hot tub ad!! Additionally you could pamper yourself with treatments available at the centre.
Facilities can be seen here and include a jacuzzi hot tub, sauna, treatment rooms, relaxation/ yoga room, and a lack of mobile phone reception!! Read the reviews on trip advisor here to see what a special place it is
This is what previous attendees have said
‘Tabitha’s teaching style is perfect (a mixture of support and encouragement, with lashings of humour), and her head is full of an amazing amount of knowledge which helps you understand your practise on a deeper level, and makes you want to know and learn even more. Her enthusiasm, energy and passion for yoga is enchanting and contagious. She is the kind of teacher you would never want to loose. The Orange Tree provides a perfect location – homely, relaxed environment and amazing, nourishing food. This Full Moon Yoga weekend was a perfect balance (admittedly mostly of yoga and eating) with a wonderful array of people, and I look forward to next years weekend/s’ (A.M.)
.’I had a really wonderful relaxing weekend and came away rejuvenated and ready to go. I will definitely be booking for at least one of the weekends next year. I loved the whole place. I thought the yoga balance was about right and honestly cannot think of any negatives’ (C.K.)
‘It was a fabulous weekend. Thank you so much. Can’t think of any way you could improve it. A good mix of yoga, fun and friendship. The setting and food were fabulous. Your yoga, warmth and brilliant sense of humour made it very special. The group were great, too. Look forward to the next one.’ (L.F.)
Travel to The Orange Tree
FROM THE A171 MIDDLESBROUGH – WHITBY ROAD.
Turn right at Lockwood Beck Reservoir, signposted to Castleton. At the T-junction in Castleton, turn right and head through the village on the Hutton-le-Hole road. After approx. 4.5 miles and just after passing Ralph Cross on you right, take the left turn signposted Rosedale Abbey. After approx. 4.5 miles, turn sharp right at the junction at the bottom of the hill, signposted “Rosedale East Only”. After about a mile you will come to The Orange Tree, which is on your left just after the Methodist Chapel. The car park is to the rear of the house.
FROM THE A170 THIRSK – SCARBOROUGH ROAD.
Take the A170 from Thirsk, and pass through Helmsley and Kirbymoorside. About 4.5 miles after the Kirbymoorside roundabout, take the left turn into Wrelton, and then the next left after The Buck Inn, signposted Rosedale Abbey. Follow this road about 8 miles to Rosedale Abbey village. Continue straight through the village, and after 1 mile you will pass Bell End Farm, which is on your right hand side. Go up the hill round the ‘s’ bend to where the road forks, and bear left taking the road signposted “Rosedale East Only”. After about a mile you will come to The Orange Tree, which is on your left just after the Methodist Chapel. The car park is to the rear of the house.
FROM THE A64 LEEDS – SCARBOROUGH ROAD.
Leave the A64 at the A169 Whitby/Pickering turn-off. Take the first exit on the roundabout and follow the A169 to Pickering. At the Pickering roundabout, (Forest & Vale Hotel on the left) turn left onto the A170 towards Thirsk. Continue for 2 miles, passing through the villages of Middleton and Aislaby. Take the next turning right signposted to Rosedale. Follow this road about 8 miles to Rosedale Abbey village. Continue straight through the village, and after a mile you will pass Bell End Farm, which is on your right hand side. Go up the hill round the ‘s’ bend to where the road forks, and bear left taking the road signposted “Rosedale East Only”. After about a mile you will come to The Orange Tree, which is on your left just after the Methodist Chapel. The car park is to the rear of the house.
Our nearest railway station to the south is Malton, with links to York. A direct taxi from here cost around £38-£40.
There is also a station at Castleton (Castleton Moor), with links to Middlesbrough.
It is possible to take the bus from Malton to Pickering and then get a taxi from Pickering to The Orange Tree for around £14.
Some Taxi numbers:
Appleby Taxis: Pickering 01751 474430
Harpers Taxis: Pickering 01751 476060
Station Taxis: Malton 01653 696969
Address: The Orange Tree, Rosedale East, Pickering, North Yorkshire, YO18 8RH
PHONE: 01751 417219
We look forward to welcoming you here soon!
- It is the customer’s responsibility to check the terms and conditions. Payment of the deposit is seen as acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- The customer shall pay Yoga in Cheshire a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit for each person named in the reservation.
- The balance monies are due six weeks prior to the start of the retreat. They shall be paid by the customer to Yoga in Cheshire not less than 4 weeks prior to the date of departure. Bookings within the last 4 weeks must be paid in full at time of booking. Payment can be made via the web site (Paypal), bank transfer, cash or cheque
- If payment of either the deposit or the balance is not received by the due date Yoga in Cheshire reserves the right to cancel the reservation and retain the deposit.
- In the event of cancellation by the customer, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund fees, minus the deposit, apply. The deposit is non-refundable, as mentioned in 2:
Cancellation 2 weeks or less before due arrival date, 0% refund
Cancellation 2 to 4 weeks before due arrival date, 25% refund
Cancellation 4 to 8 weeks before due arrival date, 50% refund
Cancellation more than 8 weeks before due arrival date, 100% refund
- Due to teacher cancellations or other situations beyond our control, Yoga in Cheshire reserves the right to change bookings and shall inform the customer as soon as possible. Alternative arrangements will be offered but we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare.
- Yoga in Cheshire is not held liable for flight costs.
- Yoga in Cheshire reserves the right to offer discretionary discounts and this does not affect the status of any guests who have paid the full price and no discount will then become due to them.
- The customer shall not use the property except for permitted use and shall not use the property for any offensive, noisy, dangerous, illegal, entertainment, immoral or improper purposes. The customer shall not do anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance to Yoga in Cheshire and its guests, staff or owners.
- The customer shall keep all at fixtures, fittings, furniture and effects in a clean and good condition and shall replace any articles which are destroyed or missing with articles of a similar kind and of equal value.
- Yoga in Cheshire reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate use of the property or any of its facilities by the customer in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions. The customer will be required to vacate the property and Yoga in Cheshire shall not refund payment or accept any consequential liability damages or loss.
- Yoga in Cheshire can accept no responsibility for delay or cancellation of any flights, train, buses or other forms of transport.
- The customer must comply fully with all and any health and safety regulations introduced by Yoga in Cheshire. The customer must ensure that he/she is medically and physically fit and able to use our facilities and participate in activities. Customers who have injuries or illnesses are advised to seek doctor’s advice if practicing yoga. Yoga in Cheshire is not liable for any injuries to the customer in his/her use of our facilities or participation in activities. A customer must always stop and rest if he/she is feeling any pain or sickness and inform the teacher of any previous injuries.
- Yogs in Cheshire cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions or valuables of the customer.
- Yoga in Cheshire shall not be liable for any failures beyond its control. This covers natural disasters, war, ‘acts of God’, closure of airports, civil strife, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and subcontractors.
- Yoga in Cheshire accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury or illnesses which may be received during the customers stay or travelling to and from Lotus Yoga Retreat.
- We recommend that all customers have adequate travel, cancellation and medical insurance for the duration
- It is your responsibility to notify Tabitha of food allergies/ intolerances more than 4 weeks prior to the retreat.
- You must organise your own insurance and travel to the venue
Deposit, Remainder, Full Amount